MC33063 Buck Regulator Simulation using Cadence Orcad Capture+pSpice

a_rezaei

Joined Feb 11, 2013
I have made a SPICE simulation for converting +12 DC to +5 volts using MC33063 from ONsemi; Cadence Orcad Capture generates the netlist well but pSpice calculations do not converge. Is there anyone to help the simulation converge, please? The whole project is attached.

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Spice simulations of switching regulators can take a long time to converge, perhaps up to a second of simulation time (not real time). Does you simulation give you an error is does it just seem to keep running?

a_rezaei

Joined Feb 11, 2013
Spice simulations of switching regulators can take a long time to converge, perhaps up to a second of simulation time (not real time). Does you simulation give you an error is does it just seem to keep running?
The simulation some times reaches to end successfully and in other cases convergence error is shown. In the successful case, the output voltage is unstable and has a several volt ripple.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I have designed a 200W PNP modulator in LTSpice, used a squr wave to test.

Works well but needs airflow. Can handle more than 100W, and more than 300W with a $8 cooler.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I don't have Orcad or Pspice so can't read your files. Can you post a schematic of you circuit in a .gif, .png or other bitmap format (not JPEG)?