MC2100E motor controller blow fuses in house

Tooms73

Joined Jun 19, 2017
Hi, I've bought a treadmill 2nd hand. But after an hour of use the fuse blew in the house. Now every time I turn the treadmill on, everything lights up fine, but the second I turn on the belt the fuse blows. If I disconnect the motor, there's no problem but I can measure 280VDC (DK 240V in sockets) on the motor connectors and the motor are 160VDC. So I suspect that it blows the fuses because the motor tries to take off too fast. Normally it would start very slow and then you have to crank it up if you want it to run faster.
I suspect the either the IGBT or the Thyristor is shortened. But I'm not sure ☺ anyone know what it could be?

Tooms73

Joined Jun 19, 2017
Connect a lamp up to the motor leads, it will show if full voltage is present when the motor is energized.
Max.
Hi thanks for replying. I'm not sure exactly what you mean. Do I disconnect the motor and connect the lamp to the motor? Or to the pcb? I know the motor are working because I've tested it with a battery.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The lamp will show full brilliance immediately if the drive turns on full at start.
If the fuse does not blow with the motor disconnected then it most likely is a shorted Mosfet.
Max.

Tooms73

Joined Jun 19, 2017
Hi again, I just did the lamp test. And the lamp lights very bright the second I start the belt. But its only lit for a second and then it dims until it's completely off.
Any idea what could be wrong?

Tooms73

Joined Jun 19, 2017
Hi, I did some research on the schematic you sent me. And founded out it was the igbt. I changed it and everything worked again. But the motor has no torque it runs fine without any load on the running belt. But when I step up on the belt it stops immediately, and starts again when I step off. I have checked that there's no slip in the drive belt, the rollers or the running belt. And I've also lubricated the running belt to be sure. I'm sure it's an electrical problem, but I can't find out what it can be.

Samisam

Joined Apr 12, 2018
Hi, I did some research on the schematic you sent me. And founded out it was the igbt. I changed it and everything worked again. But the motor has no torque it runs fine without any load on the running belt. But when I step up on the belt it stops immediately, and starts again when I step off. I have checked that there's no slip in the drive belt, the rollers or the running belt. And I've also lubricated the running belt to be sure. I'm sure it's an electrical problem, but I can't find out what it can be.
Hey tom i have exactly the same problem with my pro-form 585 perspective did you find a solution ? And i want you to help me by sending me a picture of the original pieces that i changed as u can see but they didnt work i hope you help me man this is my e-mail for better quality of photo
ayarisami2010@hotmail.fr 20180412_195616.jpg

Ivan24

Joined Aug 28, 2021
I have the same problem. The diode next to the IGBT appears like it may be short, HFA25PB60 . Before I go order one of these and try again, it would be great to know if you managed to fix yours.
thanks,
Ivan.