MC-66 diode D11 broken

sgarrupino84

Joined May 22, 2014
Hello I have the card MC-66 with a diode D11 broken and I can not find the code and value. how can I? does anyone know the value / code?

MC-66 controller motor speed

D11 what value is it?? please!!! :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The MC-60 has a 1N742 for the 12vdc supply, most likely the same on the MC-66 as this is a typical way to produce the low voltage supply on these non-isolated drives.
Max.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It's unusual for a zener to have absolutely no markings or stripes.

Visually it looks to me like a DIAC, although I don't want to argue with Max as this is his area of expertise and he has schematics! ;)

I am curious how the O.P. diagnosed the diode as "broken".

If it is a DIAC it will measure as bad on a typical multimeter diode test.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I don't have the schematic for the MC-66, just the MC-60, but it appears close, but the silk screen symbol on the board indicates a diode of some kind, I do have a stock however of the 1n4742 and they have the typical black stripe at the cathode end?.
Max.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
How do you know the diode is broken? looking at the middle photo it says SCR trig, and an opto Moc3052 which makes me think its driving mains voltage to a Triac/SCR like this so i think it may be a diac or suppression diode.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I have drawers full of of 400mW glass zeners of hundreds of sizes/types, and every one has at least one paint stripe (or text markings and an anode stripe).

My guess is still a DIAC, which will test as open-circuit on a multimeter diode test but will conduct either direction once voltage is > 32v or so if the O.P. wants to test it further.