MC-60 Motor Controller repairs (D3 & D4)

WRAMBHAROSE

Joined Oct 26, 2010
Hi,
I am having problems with identiying two diodes D3 and D4 on this board.
The Controller MC-60 is from a Threadmill Proform 400CW.
The cuircuit board is the same as previous post.

A lizard crawled in an shorted them out, now I need to replace it.
They are burnt beyond recognition.
Your help to identify these components values would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne

Trinidad & Tobago
Caribbean

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Greetings wrambharose,

Here at AAC we frown on the practice of hijacking.

In the future, please start you own thread even if there is a thread that already exists on your topic. This will avoid confusion between members with different solutions to a similar problem.

hgmjr

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
How about taking a picture of the board and the diodes and attaching them to a post here? Many of our members can make an educated guess at the part provided the image is clear and the markings on the part is clearly viewable.

hgmjr

WRAMBHAROSE

Joined Oct 26, 2010
Thanks all,
Sorry, I am new to the protocols.

I dont believe these are the same diodes (D4020)
I am posting a photo of the board its the D3 and D4 diodes at the front.
Any help to spec them for replacement would be greatly appreciated.

MC-60 Motor Control Board

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Unfortunately, your attachment did not work.

Use the "Go Advanced" button below, then click the "Manage Attachments" button to display a pop-up window to navigate to files on your hard drive.

Please note that there are size restrictions in effect for various file types; and you cannot directly upload items that are not one of the approved file types; you have to .zip other filetypes.

WRAMBHAROSE

Joined Oct 26, 2010
Yes its a Controller MC-60 Board from a Threadmill Proform 400CW.
The two diodes D3 and D4 on this board are burnt and I need to identify them for replacement. Any help would be welcomed.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Can u show me close up of the area and from where to where the diodes are connected.
I have something similar. May be I can figure out the parts.

{ed}
Are the cathode of D2 and D3 connected together with R14 & R9
and are the anodes of the two diodes connected to AC input respectively?

Last edited:

jatinah

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Hi There, Before you attempt to repair this PC board (PCB) please consider this.....
The "burn" mark that you see to the right of the Tab connector on your first picture, shows "carbon burns" to the PCB. If you take a DMM, Ohm Meter, and place the leads close to each other, but not touching each other, and then set the probes into that "charred burn"(burnt fiberboard), you will see resistance, if the leads are placed close enough but not touching. This is a "carbon-path" that is conductive, and it will cause problems. You might want to find a replacement on ebay or something and discard that pcb:(

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hi There, Before you attempt to repair this PC board (PCB) please consider this.....
The "burn" mark that you see to the right of the Tab connector on your first picture, shows "carbon burns" to the PCB. If you take a DMM, Ohm Meter, and place the leads close to each other, but not touching each other, and then set the probes into that "charred burn"(burnt fiberboard), you will see resistance, if the leads are placed close enough but not touching. This is a "carbon-path" that is conductive, and it will cause problems. You might want to find a replacement on ebay or something and discard that pcb:(
Slightly Burned PCB isn't much of a problem for a tech....:cool:

tvmanjon

Joined Feb 5, 2010
You have a number of issues there. The MOV and the diodes Those are standard 600v 1 amp diodes The board is vably damaged Traces will be missing etc get another one