MAX6974-MAX6975 RGB LED Driver

erdem

Joined Oct 18, 2005
I am dealing with a project, driving 4x8 RGB LED panel by using MAX6975 Led drivers but in the software i have some problems.Is there anyone that can help me in the software of that led driver MAX6975 ?
( MAX6975 is a product of MAXIM company : http://www.maxim-ic.com )

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
What are the nature of your problems? Can you be specific about what you have been able to do? Do you have an interface to do the LVDS?

erdem

Joined Oct 18, 2005
In fact my project, my final project to graduate the school, is to make a circuit like MAX6974 Evaluation kit.That kit has MAXQ2000 microcontroller, MAX9112 LVDS line driver, MAX9113 LVDS line receiver, 2 MAX6974 LED Drivers, MAX3311 RS232 transciever and a few of voltage regulators.That was the control stage and by that control stage a 4x8 RGB LED matrix is driven.I sampled all of them except MAXQ2000, RS232 transceiever and voltage regulators because; i am using another microcontroller and it has its own RS232 transceiver on its board and i am also using 2 seperate supplies so i dont need voltage regulators.I tested my LVDS line driver and it works correct.I couldnt be sure of my led drivers so i decided to make a trick like that; i send the data and clock signal from my own microcontroller to my own LVDS line driver and the outputs of that line driver is being sent to the EV. KIT which i am sure of the correct working of LED drivers in it.It seems now everything is ok as hardware but the key point is software now.I read the .pdf of that led driver and according to the descriptions there i wrote code but i didnt work.Maybe i couldnt get exactly the algorithm there, i dont know.The link to that pdf is below:
http://datasheets.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/MAX6974-MAX6975.pdf

erdem

Joined Oct 18, 2005
By the way i recognized that in hardware i had some incorrect jumper configurations and i corrected them..then it worked..in fact software was right but the mistake was in hardware although i thought it wasnt.Thanks anyway ;)