Matlab Menu Editor

jagjit Sehra

Joined Feb 29, 2008
Hi Folks,
I am fairly new to MATLAB and I am trying to learn how to program a GUI application in my spare time. Can anyone tell me how to link multiple pages to one main GUI. What I mean to say is in menu for example I may want the user to see a seperate page with all of the equations on which accompany the GUI. So far the only way is to use a new figure or dialog and write a handle for it in the code. Thats what I read in the MATLAB tutorial
e.g. h1= figure(1). If I wanted to add buttons for example onto the new figure it would be easier and quicker if I could do it using the GUIDE and then some how save it as a figure and use it in my code. Is there anyway I can do that or does it have to be done in programmatically.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Programming Matlab GUIs is not my strong point. I have always used a new figure for any additional pages I require (which isn't often - I only write Matlab GUIs to hide complexities for on-site engineers) and then hard-programmed it via the m-file created by GUIDE (as I'm sure you are aware GUIDE creates a FIG/M-file pair for each GUI Window).

If you have any insight I'm always up for learning how to do this, so we can work it out together. I'm going into this as blind as you are on this one!

Furthermore since you are starting out with Matlab, you may be interested in this list I compiled a while back: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/blog.php?b=56

Dave