Math Software

Iodem_Asakura

Joined Sep 14, 2004
Hi everybody.

I'm looking for a software that make it easy to write ecuations in a text documents.
I don't know if you have needed to write a report in word and had to include some formulas in there. It's really unconfortable!!!!

Do you know some software that can help me?

Brandon

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Originally posted by Iodem_Asakura@May 19 2005, 10:45 PM
Hi everybody.

I'm looking for a software that make it easy to write ecuations in a text documents.
I don't know if you have needed to write a report in word and had to include some formulas in there. It's really unconfortable!!!!

Do you know some software that can help me?
[post=7827]Quoted post[/post]​
Ms Word is perfect for any type of lab or report where u need formulas that look real good. If you choose the option to Insert Object and you pick Equasion object you can type them in with all the different greek symbols, sigmas, interals, dy/dx, braces, you name it, its in there.

You can even to discrete proofs as it has all the sets, subsets, there exists, for all, etc symbols.

It takes a little time to get comfortable and efficient with it, but the object is great.

Brandon

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Originally posted by Iodem_Asakura@May 20 2005, 05:58 AM
That sound good. But i searched in the Insert-Object menu of Office XP and didn't find the Equasion Object. What am i doing wrong?
[post=7831]Quoted post[/post]​
Its in a drop down menu of MS Word.

Insert->Object->Microsoft Equasion 3.0

Firestorm

Joined Jan 24, 2005
You might have to install it. Here is what the help search came up with.

Click where you want to insert the equation.
On the Insert menu, click Object, and then click the Create New tab.
In the Object type box, click Microsoft Equation 3.0.
If Microsoft Equation Editor is not available, you may need to install it.

Click OK.
Build the equation by selecting symbols from the Equation toolbar and by typing variables and numbers. From the top row of the Equation toolbar, you can choose from more than 150 mathematical symbols. From the bottom row, you can choose from a variety of templates or frameworks that contain symbols such as fractions, integrals, and summations.
If you need help, click Equation Editor Help Topics on the Help menu.

To return to Microsoft Word, click the Word document.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will try to find out where to install it at and will post the link. Good luck.

-fire

Iodem_Asakura

Joined Sep 14, 2004
Ok, i found it.

It wasn´t intalled. So i installed it, and now it works. It´s better but still a bit unconfortable. I think it´s because i don´t know where is everything in the toolbar, so when i practice a little more it surely will be nice.

Thanks a lot, i´m relieved