Matching transformer

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by jamus, May 2, 2014.

  1. jamus

    Thread Starter Active Member

    Feb 11, 2013
    I have a 300ohm to 75ohm matching transformer for a television. The 300 ohm side measures short, the 75 ohm measures open.

    What kind of circuit is on the inside? A typical balun as it appears in the diagram would measure short on both sides.
  2. inwo

    Well-Known Member

    Nov 7, 2013
    That is how most reverse baluns are connected.

    Standard baluns have series 1000pf caps on the 75 ohm side.

    I'm not sure of the reason.

    It makes it possible to use back to back baluns for ground isolation.
    Common back in the day for curing hum bars in tv picture.