Mapping where people travel in regards to money ?

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
Like if you looked at a real time map of a city, and some farm lands for food, materials/etc. Most people travel to and from work, for the purpose of getting food money, /shelter money, then extra's,

And then setup basic models of source eqn's of potential related to all these people going to places, 'working', getting paid...

Well does it look anything like circuit eqn's ? Surely some charts/graphs would have the buildings of big business looking like accumulators of some type. Economists must use calulus and stuff to make such charts. If not, they should/could

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Like if you looked at a real time map of a city, and some farm lands for food, materials/etc. Most people travel to and from work, for the purpose of getting food money, /shelter money, then extra's,

And then setup basic models of source eqn's of potential related to all these people going to places, 'working', getting paid...

Well does it look anything like circuit eqn's ? Surely some charts/graphs would have the buildings of big business looking like accumulators of some type. Economists must use calulus and stuff to make such charts. If not, they should/could
They can and they do. Economic activity is pretty well understood in terms of the flows of goods and services.

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
So why have I never seen a picture of a city, that looks like a gradient map of some sort, perhaps it's not something rich people like to publicize if it shows up their +50k:1 salaries or something

But on the math modeling side, on average, people just travel for for food/energy..........so

Apply this to insects/bugs/etc to make it even simpler, and I love to see some equations or statistical analysis. I wonder what happens as you go lower down the "complexity" level of the bio-chemical samples.

Cities are really cool in how they seem like a circuit.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Have you read:

Stanley & Danko
https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/the-millionaire-next-door-the-surprising-secrets-of-americas-wealthy-by-thomas-j-stanley-wd-danko/246982/item/789521/?mkwid=|dc&pcrid=450665973549&pkw=&pmt=&slid=&plc=&pgrid=110661787651&ptaid=pla-1121313270912&gclid=Cj0KCQjwgo_5BRDuARIsADDEntSrLhLZtyYjHqhrY-rF_hu5E4pWd0D9-NDOcPNup4NWoxFy2BYCeeoaAm0lEALw_wcB#isbn=1563523302&idiq=789521

It tells you all about where and how they live. Fascinating stuff.
Basically they buy used cars, suits off the rack, and retire in their starter home on which they have paid off the mortgage.
Oh..and they seldom indulge their kids in economic outpatient care.

geekoftheweek

Joined Oct 6, 2013
If you want to know where money is being spent go to your local chamber of commerce. They may even have the type of map you are looking for. It's just not published because most people really don't care about it.

"Rich" people are scattered everywhere. I've known several people set for life who looked like bums. I've known some people who were well off that blatantly showed it. I've known some normal everyday down to earth people with bank accounts larger than I will probably ever see my entire life. I've known more people than I can count living paycheck to paycheck paying off loans on crap trying to look "rich"

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If you want to know where money is being spent go to your local chamber of commerce. They may even have the type of map you are looking for. It's just not published because most people really don't care about it.

"Rich" people are scattered everywhere. I've known several people set for life who looked like bums. I've known some people who were well off that blatantly showed it. I've known some normal everyday down to earth people with bank accounts larger than I will probably ever see my entire life. I've known more people than I can count living paycheck to paycheck paying off loans on crap trying to look "rich"
This kind of nailed it. That's what S&D found as well. The folks who look like bums may be prodigious accumulators of wealth because they live below their means.