Manuals online

n9xv

Joined Jan 18, 2005
Hi all, I need a manual or at least crystal information on a Scanner. It's a MacDonald CE-100. I cant find the manual anywhere. I just want to know if the crystals are direct frequency type or sythesized. Any ideas?....

ouabache

Joined Jul 12, 2005
Kevin,
I don't know off hand, but can point you to a fellow who probably knows. Just follow my hyperlink and check the last post on that page. Also happened to spot this cool picture. Does yours look like that?

n9xv

Joined Jan 18, 2005
Hey thanks for the link and info ouabache. Thats the exact scanner as mine in the picture. I'll do some research on that link you provided, it looks like a great resource! I found out that the crystals are going to run about $20 bucks though. But thats ok because I really wanted it for 1 or maybe 2 dedicated frequencies.

ouabache

Joined Jul 12, 2005
Yeah, old scanners are fun to work on.. Someone once handed me a Regency WHAMO-10 scanner and asked me if I could program it. If I recall correctly, i needed to program each frequency by breaking teeth from metal combs, and plugging the comb into the back of the rig.
Kinda sounds like programming an ENIAC by switching cables around, or debugging the program using a vacuum cleaner (to collect the bugs)..