Make my brown eyes blue

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I do not know what the effects will be on the long term.
As the laser "destroys" the melamin layer, it still is in the eye, I presume.

Bertus

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
I see it primarily as a way for ophthalmologists to make more money and rich people to have more ways of disposing of their money, not to mention having something to brag about. I guess the ophthalmologists were getting jealous of the plastic surgeons; there's no medical reason for the procedure.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Agreed, but I think it is cool.

When Lasik came out I figured it would be a really good idea to let the technology mature, to be sure there were no problems. This also falls in that class.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I do wish brown wasn't the dominant eye color. Though it makes girls that have very light blue-grey eyes and black hair that much more rare and thus, a tad better looking. :D

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I don't think I'd do it, but then again, I've got green eyes :D

I think someonesdad is right--this is just another way for ophthalmologists to make money. No real purpose, anyway. I have never met someone with brown eyes who really cares what they look like. Come to think of it, I have never heard ANYONE complain about their eye color....

Interesting article, though.
Der Strom

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
To be honest, how many people actually notice the colour of people's eyes? I don't think I could confidently tell anyone the colour of any of my friends' eyes... Not as much as I could tell them the colour of their hair...:confused:

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
I have never met someone with brown eyes who really cares what they look like. Come to think of it, I have never heard ANYONE complain about their eye color....
Hmmm, I suspect you haven't had a teenage daughter or two... They think EVERYTHING is wrong with their appearance... :p

A week and a half ago I had a doc spot weld my retina back in place with a laser after some of it tore loose. It wasn't terribly pleasant (not horrible either), but it's not something I'd do out of choice -- especially after seeing blood dripping from my eye when I got home (he uses Q-tips to manipulate your eyeball rather aggressively to be able to see the whole retina and the Q-tips cut into the eyeball -- and the local anesthetic drops aren't all that effective). So I'm leaving the color change procedure for another life -- besides, my eyes are already blue except when I get really full of it, at least according to my wife -- so she can sing "Don't it make my blue eyes brown". :p

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
To be honest, how many people actually notice the colour of people's eyes? I don't think I could confidently tell anyone the colour of any of my friends' eyes... Not as much as I could tell them the colour of their hair...:confused:
From my experience quite a lot. In the last year, I have been commented on my eye color a lot. They are grey/green/brown and the apparent color depends on ambient light so you end up with more green or more grey/brown. I don't even know what this color is referred to. When I was younger I thought my eyes were brown, but apparently not according to all the people who commented on them. I personally do not pay attention. I only know color of my parent's eyes that's it.

The procedure is neat but medically unnecessary. I always think about other procedures that people came up with as the rights of passage, or to distinguish titles, achievements (tattoos come to mind) but this does not even fall into that category. Cosmetic procedures are just to say I am unhappy with how I was born... why? How is it meaningful? (second question is because I have a few tatoos and they were carefully thought out were done for specific reasons). Anyway, get colored lenses...

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
To be honest, how many people actually notice the colour of people's eyes?
Girls. They seem to notice, a lot. Well, and I also notice girl's eyes when they are a lighter shade of any color, I really like the "near grey" blue eyes, I think I mentioned that, though. :D

Girlfriends have told me my eyes are blue when I'm happy, and green when I'm stressed, and hazel when I'm relaxed. Apparently I have "mood rings" for irises. My DL says "hazel", though they look mostly greenish to me. :confused:

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Caboverdian girls with somewhat dark complexion and green eyes. Wow!

No laser used AFAIK, just Nature doing the job.

I am against the idea of using "all that" what includes any kind of surgery.

But, what to expect from a Medicine that calls a parturient, "patient"?

Let's agree, beter call all of them "clients" and end of the farce.

QuadTech

Joined Apr 19, 2011
I've heard people offhandedly say they wish they could change the color of their eyes, but have never met anyone who really wishes they could. Then again, you look at the people who have had so much plastic surgery they don't look 100% human anymore and I think there may be a market for this kind of procedure...

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Thing is, it is sexy, and lenses do not look the same. I've heard girls say the same thing.

As with all things, unless it turns out to be unsafe there will be a market. Which reminds me of another story.

There is a drug that enhances lashes, make them long and thick, which turns many women on. Unfortunately it has a side effect of (on some people) turning their eyes brown.

I'm so confused. Brown eyes or blue? :D

Adjuster

Joined Dec 26, 2010
I think a lot of people will be very aware of the colour of at least ONE other person's eyes. It may be just as well if we don't look at most of our friends' eyes in that particular way. :p

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
When I look at a girl for the first time, I spend some time on her face, which includes her eyes. If she is heart stopping pretty I come back for more. This is pretty normal for both genders, even the married ones.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Girls. They seem to notice, a lot. Well, and I also notice girl's eyes when they are a lighter shade of any color, I really like the "near grey" blue eyes, I think I mentioned that, though. :D

Girlfriends have told me my eyes are blue when I'm happy, and green when I'm stressed, and hazel when I'm relaxed. Apparently I have "mood rings" for irises. My DL says "hazel", though they look mostly greenish to me. :confused:
sounds like we have same color... and here I thought I was unique... where is that surgery again :rolleyes:

I'd go for two different colors, Bowie style, just have to get into a fight.