Magnet

almu_2012

Joined Jan 9, 2012
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I am having 6 pole Eletro permanent magnet (24Vdc-7A)

My application is to unload the one MS plate ( 12meter & 375Kg Weight) by using 2 robots

I have tried with those 6 pole magnets but i am facing the slippage problem of MS plates

i have uploaded some photos of my magnets

If i use some more poles magnets my slippage problem can solve..

Can any one help me to solve my slippage problem

Please help me

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
So, gravity is pulling the plate down, perpendicular to the face of the magnet? A bit of change in orientation, so that the face of the magnet is not exactly vertical, would help a lot. Horizontal orientation would be best.

almu_2012

Joined Jan 9, 2012
Dear Wayneh,

Thanks for your reply

I cant make it vertically because the width if the MS plate is 400mm ( Max) but magnet height is more than 400mm and in that MS plate there are some few curves i will upload some more photos Wayneh after seeing those photos you can able to understand easily

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Let me first be clear that I have no idea how to solve your problem, and I have zero experience with such a thing.

What I'm trying to do is ask questions to make the problem more clear to anyone else that might also be following. Understanding the problem is the first step to a solution.

That said, it appears from your last photo that the magnet handles the load in opposition to gravity. Slippage is in the horizontal plane, not vertically due to gravity as I first asked about. Is this correct? What forces are causing the slippage?

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
If the magnet isn't strong enough (magnetic force ratting) to lift the weight, nothing will make the magnet lift it. Check the specifications of the magnet against the plate weight.