LTSpice error: time step too small (but the circuit is ok in TINA-TI)

Nick Long

Joined May 12, 2020
Hi friends, recently I am simulating a Series-SSHI circuit. The schematic simulated in TINA-TI operates well, but it cannot run in LTSpice. When I run it, an error will emerge, showing "time step too small". I check the circuit many times, and I just cannot find the problem. And it works well in TINA-TI.
Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

The attached are the simulation files used in LTSpice and TINA-TI.

Attachments

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
You use non-standard symbols and element models. Download them and I will help you. At the same time I will add these elements to my collection.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
You made the puzzle. Why didn't you use standard characters for transistors and diodes. And it turns out that you have to work hard to understand how the circuit works. There's a very high voltage at the VREC circuit point. I have a suspicion that you drew the circuit wrong.

Nick Long

Joined May 12, 2020
You made the puzzle. Why didn't you use standard characters for transistors and diodes. And it turns out that you have to work hard to understand how the circuit works. There's a very high voltage at the VREC circuit point. I have a suspicion that you drew the circuit wrong.
I understand the operation principle. I know the VREC voltage is high, so that is why I use levelshifter to shift the VK to VREC level, so that the NMOS U5 can be fully turned on. I have told this circuit works well in other simulation software.

Nick Long

Joined May 12, 2020
I have uploaded the pics of schematic and correct waveforms in TINA-TI for reference. Thank you again!
schematic.jpg
waveforms.jpg

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
I've established that the voltage comparator is not working properly! This comparator gives out an output voltage that is much higher than its supply voltage!

Nick Long

Joined May 12, 2020
I've established that the voltage comparator is not working properly! This comparator gives out an output voltage that is much higher than its supply voltage!
yes, I got the same problem. And later, the error will jump out. I changed the inverter gate into the ideal model in LTspice, then I obtained the normal waveforms, but it won't last for a long time. the error will still come out. So I guess maybe the problem comes from the third-part spicemodels.