LTSpice displaying a single curve from a .step family

bordonbert

Joined Feb 21, 2012
I know this is possible, I've been advised on it before. The grey matter isn't what it once was though and if you don't use something for a while things get embarrassing. This time I'll have to tattoo it in an obvious place.

If you generate a family of curves dependent on a ".step param" type command, how do you restrict your display pane to one particular curve for a single value in the family? This should be something like right clicking on the pane title and then editing the displayed node to add the number from the family, it would look something like V(vout)#3, but I can't get the format correct.

Is it even possible to select a few of them at a time from the family?

bordonbert

Joined Feb 21, 2012
I've actually found one way. Right click on display pane, select View, then Select Steps. Select the values you want displayed and voila!

I'm still sure there is a quick way of simply editing the display pane title to include the curve number after the node reference.

bordonbert

Joined Feb 21, 2012
For anyone who may be interested in this, I've finally got it! The answer is really simple. Just right click on the trace title at the top of the pane and add "@x" where x is the number of the trace in the family. So "V(out)" becomes "V(out)@3" say. It is possible to add other selected traces from the family to the pane by right clicking on the pane and selecting "add trace". Use the same format for the trace selection. Using this it is possible to vary two quantities and then separate the variation of one for each of the other into separate curve panes. For example, draw plots for each of 3 input voltages in separate panes as you vary a resistance value over a 4 value range. And in that example you would keep the different colours too!