ltspice created asc files Not in Win7 Explorer

c5f8

Joined May 3, 2007
I created a series of *.asc files in LTSpice IV. The files are in a directory that is accessible in LTSpice but not accessible in Windows Explorer. In LTSpice the directory has a lock on it. I want to move the files to a different dir but the files are hidden to Win Explorer. I created this sub-directory in the LTSpice examples directory. Is Win7 giving me a problem with the ownership? How can I fix this?

I did a search before posting.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Hit the Windows Key + E to bring up a file explorer window.

Click on tools, then options, and uncheck hide extensions, and allow viewing hidden and system files..

You should be able to find it then.

c5f8

Joined May 3, 2007
The problem isn't extensions. While in LTSpice, I click File, Open and inside the "examples" directory, I created a subdirectory "joinFiles". When I click open, the "example" directory lists the subdirs as "Educational", "jigs" and "joinFiles". There is a strange problem that the "joinFiles" dir has a LOCK on the icon.

I couldn't find a solution so I opened each file and saved each file in a new directory that doesn't have a lock on it. Thanks anyway.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Did you install LTSpice as administrator, and are now running as a standard user? (How things should work)

Sometimes, Windows will assign files admin permissions only when running in an elevated privilege environment, such as "run as administrator". If you bump into it again, Go as admin to your data folder, go to properties, and check "All users" for read/write permissions in the permissions tab of the folder, and check the box to apply it to all subfolders. Don't do that to your entire hard drive, though.