Low-High Pass Filter

pianolife

Joined Nov 15, 2012
Dear Members of ElectronicsPoint, I'm studying Audio Engineering, but Electronics is my weakest point.
I need to do some homework about High and Low Pass filter, and I need your help.
I must answer these questions

1)Design first order low-pass and high-pass filters with a -3dB cut-off frequency ( ωC) = 10^4radians/sec, which use a 1KΩ resistor.
2) From your knowledge of the source impedance of the SG (50Ω), decide which sinusoidal output would be the best to use in this experiment.
3) Sketch both circuits in your log book.
4) Derive the transfer function H(j ω) for these filters in complex number form.
5) Look up or derive the expressions for |H(j ω)| and argH(j ω). Note |H(j ω)| = Vo/Vin
6) How you will convert the time difference between two sine waves as observed on the 'scope into a phase difference?
7) What is the value of the roll-off for first order filters and why are they called first order?

Sorry for the massive post, but I'm really stuck on this subject. I hope that someone can help me.

Thank you very much.

All the best

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Dear Members of ElectronicsPoint, I'm studying Audio Engineering, but Electronics is my weakest point.
I need to do some homework about High and Low Pass filter, and I need your help.
I must answer these questions

1)Design first order low-pass and high-pass filters with a -3dB cut-off frequency ( ωC) = 10^4radians/sec, which use a 1KΩ resistor.
2) From your knowledge of the source impedance of the SG (50Ω), decide which sinusoidal output would be the best to use in this experiment.
3) Sketch both circuits in your log book.
4) Derive the transfer function H(j ω) for these filters in complex number form.
5) Look up or derive the expressions for |H(j ω)| and argH(j ω). Note |H(j ω)| = Vo/Vin
6) How you will convert the time difference between two sine waves as observed on the 'scope into a phase difference?
7) What is the value of the roll-off for first order filters and why are they called first order?

Sorry for the massive post, but I'm really stuck on this subject. I hope that someone can help me.

Thank you very much.

All the best
First off, wrong forum:confused:

Second... this is not exclusive to EE. Any audio engineer needs to know this stuff...

I would recommend going through the book on this site, specifically, this.