(lots) of help needed

robotech

Joined Apr 28, 2011
OK 1st electronics theory is something very new to me I know how to "id" the components and know roughly what they do (used to work fro TANDY remember them ?) and soldering is not to bad if a little rusty so please be patient :) not asking for full schematics and somebody to do the work for me just pointed in the right direction so I can learn myself

OK my 1first "little" project I have a unloved robosapian v2 "toy" robot I would like to upgrade him a little

task 1 I would like to mount an external low light activated flood light to help his limited CMOS head eye .. i.e. if I walk him in to a dark room or he toddles of into a dark place he shuts down instead id like the shoulder floodlight to sense the lack of light and turn on :confused: thought some sort of lux sensor but everything ive found is there very bulky and mains powered pir controls

the big problem is size and weight distrabution i have managed to get a fully loaded ext battery pack on the back of him (4xAAs) and a small project box (around the size of a matchbox) mounted on the left shoulder for the lighting unit/sensor without hindering the balance or straining his motors

any further info needed ??

thanks in advance

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
task 1 I would like to mount an external low light activated flood light to help his limited CMOS head eye .. i.e. if I walk him in to a dark room or he toddles of into a dark place he shuts down instead id like the shoulder floodlight to sense the lack of light and turn on :confused: thought some sort of lux sensor but everything ive found is there very bulky and mains powered pir controls
I think the easiest way to do this would be to simply use a LDR (light-dependent resistor) to sense the dark, and then use it to turn on a floodlight. Use the same type of circuit that one would use for a street light-- you can find these schematics plastered all over the internet (try google). It is low power, the parts are very cheap, and it would be very easy to build. That would be a good place to start, anyway. Just make sure you have one that turns ON the output when DARK is sensed.
Good luck!
Der Strom

Last edited: