lost, can anyone please help with DPDT wiring?

lostintranslation

Joined Nov 6, 2013
trying to wire in part of a circuit option to let me switch from 1000 CAPS, adding additional 1000 CAPS that are wired in parallel using a DPDT ON-OFF-ON toggle, but, not quite sure how to wire it. I can read the circuit, but applying it to the poles on the switch for the circuit are a little tough for me to figure out right now. I'm learning. Thank you very much in advance for any help, it is really
appreciated.

lostintranslation

Joined Nov 6, 2013
yes, Toggle to center OFF should let one CAP work, Toggle to on in one direction should kick in 2 CAPS, and the toggle to the other on position should engage all three. the circuit diagram is good, but how would you actually wire the switch? sorry, trying to figure it out. i have the ability to read the circuit, but applying the wiring in the right order is tricky for me, any help is greatly greatly appreciated. thanks very much.

Last edited:

lostintranslation

Joined Nov 6, 2013
the CAPS and switch are part of a larger circuit I am trying to build, as part of a small specialized arc welder. If I post up pics of the circuit, would you mind taking a look at it please? I had it working successfully before I introduced the DPDT and optional CAP set up. Now I am back to square one. I have spent the last few days struggling with this...sorry to bug yah, really appreciate the expertise, I am lacking it. lol, thank you again for the help on the switch, It was greatly appreciated.