Lost 20 - 25 #'s so far. (No sugary junk food for the summer. )

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Since general health seems to be the common theme here lately I figured I would mention my consequential weight loss I took on over the summer form a simple easy to do diet change. (And no, I'm not a raging wild energetic fitness nut now for it.) :p

Back around early june I figured I would try cutting back on my sugar and general junk food intake and that was pretty much all there was. I still eat pasta and high carb foods plus hit the fast food places nearly every week as well.

For breakfast I have two slices of toast with honey and butter on them and usually for lunch one well stuffed meat
sandwich or two cup-a-soups of one variety or another. That or watermelon/fruit of some kind. Evenings is usually whatever that's quick and easy I find, tuna/mayo/pickle sandwiches or a hotdish of some kind.

Health benefits wise I don't feel anything I care for. Since mid summer my mouth has had a permanent chalk/salt taste that only goes away when I eat lots of sugary stuff like raiding the candy dish while visiting family or having a high sugar dessert with them. It has gotten better but not substantially. :(

I don't sleep as well or for as long either and I am not the least bit more energetic or motivated from it either. Less lower back pain issues but not a substantial gain. Also my deep power strength seems to be down a bit too. :(

My pants are down from a comfortable size 40 to 38's with a mandatory belt which says I probably need to go to 36's next time I go shopping for clothes. Also, going for walks up through the big hills is easier so that's a plus. ;)

I might be healthier now but I still feel like punching the health and fitness nuts every time I see them so, fortunately, that hasn't changed. :p

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I've also been on a bit of a diet. cut down on my sugar/carbs intake. Over the past 7 years I've gone from 32s to 34s to 36s to 38s and 38s were getting tight. I refused to buy 40s.

I've tried a few radical diets Over the years and exercise regiments and lost lots of weight fast, but always lost steam. Would get tired of eating food I didn't like, would get tired of being tired, and would fall off the wagon. The weight would come back quickly, and be more than before.

So a few months ago I decided to try something different. Instead of going on a full-fledged diet that I hated, I would just half-ass diet. I stopped eating so much candy. Stopped drinking so much sugary drinks. Stopped eating so much carbs. I didn't stop it altogether, and I didn't even really cut back enough to matter, so I thought. It was all about staying in my comfort zone; allowing myself to enjoy what I like, just in slight moderation.

It isn't much of a diet, but it's been a diet that I can actually maintain. I've been doing it 5-6 months now (a personal record) and I've lost 21 lbs. Down from 220 to 199. It isn't a blistering pace, but it is an appreciable loss. I don't feel physically any different but I do feel more encouraged, and more dedicated to my half-ass diet. Slowly shrinking. I'm back into 36s and looking forward to pulling my 34s out of storage in couple months maybe.

My deformed belt, 4 notches down:

20170926_203437.jpg

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Run 3 to 5 miles every day and you'll feel it. And you won't need to watch what you eat.
I got out of high school and that was the end of running on purpose for me and I don't regret it. Between minor knee issues and lower back damage running isn't worth it. That and I'm built like a tractor for power not speed and I accept that.
Now walking, that's not a problem. Its rare I don't put on 2 - 5 miles a day. To the far corner of the property is a good mile through the hills and can do that out and back without second thought. ;)

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I've tried a few radical diets Over the years and exercise regiments and lost lots of weight fast, but always lost steam. Would get tired of eating food I didn't like, would get tired of being tired, and would fall off the wagon. The weight would come back quickly, and be more than before.
Yea my brother did the zero carb diet last year and lost about 40 pound but he has to put a lot of work into avoiding a bunch of foods just t maintain it. For me I do nothing on maintenance.
If I feel like having Mcdonald's while in town I hit them for 6 of the value meal cheese burgers every time. Same with Arbies, 4 of the classic roast beef and a large tea plus fries.

I don't avoid but rather just limit the overall weekly average to less while keeping the sugary snacks and junk food out. So far that been good for about 1 - 2 pounds a week for the summer average and I can live with that. ;)