Lorex LH158000 Issue PLEASE HELP!

GLOCKer

Joined Feb 11, 2014
I'm taking a shot in the dark here (posting here). I found this forum while researching an issue I am having with my Lorex LH158000. Currently, I can access my security camera DVR from my phone, my tablet, and my computers both at home and work. However, I can't access the DVR from the DVR. The lights on the box blink, and the video is displaying on the VGA monitor, but the mouse, remote control, and the buttons on the DVR aren't responding. Does anybody have any ideas? I am trying to avoid sending the DVR back to Lorex if I can. I submitted a help ticket initially with Lorex, and they closed it without responding. After calling, they said send it back.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaron88

Joined Dec 10, 2014
Same thing occurred with my 16ch dvr. Still waiting on their reply. What ever came of your dvr? My hard drive was acting funny at first. Couldn't access certain time stamps. Once I did factory reset shortly after the buttons stopped working. My pan and tilt stopped operating during the same time. 5 of my other camera have half blurry vision and multiple LEDs have failed on others.

GLOCKer

Joined Feb 11, 2014
Their customer service leaves much to be desired and I haven't had time to seek further resolution. I can still control DVR activities remotely from my computer though, so I've retained MOST of the functionality of the DVR system. How do you do a factory reset? Did it help? I've got one camera acting up (the image has turned purple during the day, but the IR vision still works great at night).

I can see down the line upgrading. My brother-in-law showed me a new system that is digital over co-ax and the image is beautiful. Maybe once that kind of system gets lower in price I'll make the move over. But for now I'm going to work with what I've got!

Aaron88

Joined Dec 10, 2014
Their customer service leaves much to be desired and I haven't had time to seek further resolution. I can still control DVR activities remotely from my computer though, so I've retained MOST of the functionality of the DVR system. How do you do a factory reset? Did it help? I've got one camera acting up (the image has turned purple during the day, but the IR vision still works great at night).

I can see down the line upgrading. My brother-in-law showed me a new system that is digital over co-ax and the image is beautiful. Maybe once that kind of system gets lower in price I'll make the move over. But for now I'm going to work with what I've got!
Whose the maker of the digital system?

Aaron88

Joined Dec 10, 2014

Oh , the factory reset is within the menu options somewhere. It helped with the inconsistencies in not being able to pull up footage and got my pan and tilt working again. But shortly after the buttons locked up and pan and tilt stopped moving. I read else where that if u grab your remote and press the zero key 3 times it should unlock the buttons. Don't quote me on the amount of zeros. I'll try this tonight.

GLOCKer

Joined Feb 11, 2014
Yeah! I can't get into the menus on the DVR to reset it. Arghhhhhh. I may be hitting lots of "0's" this evening to see if that unlocks it!

Aaron88

Joined Dec 10, 2014
Yeah! I can't get into the menus on the DVR to reset it. Arghhhhhh. I may be hitting lots of "0's" this evening to see if that unlocks it!

Yup, I used the remote and 3 zeros worked after I power cycled. I wonder how long it'll last now. I still have 5 malfunction cameras though. It's been 7 days and lorex still has not replied to me regarding my concerns. I honestly can say I will not recommend them if they r goin to ignore customers like this.

GLOCKer

Joined Feb 11, 2014
I've read a lot of reviews complaining about their lack of customer service. They aren't known for that for sure!

So I just received the notification of your response, and it reminded me to go punch the "0's" into the remote. Sure enough it worked and I can control full functionality of my DVR! How did I not read this in the manual? How did Lorex NOT tell me about this the two times I managed to speak to them on the phone!?

So are all of your cameras PTZ? What are your cameras that are messing up doing?

I'd like to swap one of my cameras for a PTZ, but the pricing looks to sting a bit ($500-ish?).

Aaron88

Joined Dec 10, 2014
One ptz only, it blacks out in the middle of the programmed pan of the property it'll adjust it's focus and keep panning like normal. I feel it may have something to do with the settings. I think the dvr may have either got stuck on stupid or a power outage occurred causing it to act goofy on boot up. My 5 other cameras are simply 700 tvl night vision cameras. Blurry vision on 4 , 5th one died. If I were u is avoid their ptz and buy a competitor. It'll connect to their dvr. How many cameras u running? Do u have it on automatic reboot? I had it set to 30 days I want to say now it's set to weekly reboots. That's when the buttons started having issues.

GLOCKer

Joined Feb 11, 2014
Have you tried messing with the PTZ settings using Lorex software installed on a computer? I seem to have just a little more ease manipulating settings with the PC software than on the DVR itself.

I've looked at a couple of PTZ cameras, but I'm still having a hard time biting on the cost of them. I'd love to replace the cameras in my dog's room and at my front door and garage door with PTZ, but I have a feeling those three cameras are going to total to around $1500!!!

I seem to recall setting my DVR up for weekly automatic reboots weekly on Sunday nights.

So far I've only had any real issues with one camera not working correctly; the aforementioned purple hue to the picture. I've got another camera that during really bright days shows up with a green hue, but it's in a really grassy, green area of my yard and it may be reflection from the white painted exterior walls of the houses. Here are two grabs from my system so you can see my purple hue issue:
Good image:

Not so good image:

Aaron88

Joined Dec 10, 2014
You can adjust each cameras color settings dependent on the surrounding environment. I had multiple cameras that needed to be toned down a bit because when the sun set toward it I would loose some vusuals.

Aaron88

Joined Dec 10, 2014
The stupid system still locks up on me and now the ptz is upside down. I was able to share my frustrations with the store and they happily are going to take it back. You know lorex never did return my email regarding my request to repair or replace my system. Now they will be stuck with an RTV return to vendor because of it. I'm staying away from anything lorex. Best luck to you.

GLOCKer

Joined Feb 11, 2014
The stupid system still locks up on me and now the ptz is upside down. I was able to share my frustrations with the store and they happily are going to take it back. You know lorex never did return my email regarding my request to repair or replace my system. Now they will be stuck with an RTV return to vendor because of it. I'm staying away from anything lorex. Best luck to you.
Yeah, I have had no luck with their Customer Service and actually had "help desk" tickets closed by them without them even contacting me. Luckily mine is looking fully finctional at the moment. I'm probably going to have to replace that one camera that shows mostly purple. I figured this system is just a jumping off point to the next one.