Loosewire Will have The Word

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I'll shut this down right now. The last word is zyzzogeton. If you want another word after that, you'll have to make one up, and I'll refuse to acknowledge it.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
What are you referring to? Loosewires dictionary? Everyone knows Loosie doesn't have a dictionary, just a survival guide!
Or a crossword solver book, picking random words...:D

How's the water Loosewire? Are you swimming and diving? In Norway it's way too cold. At least for me. I haven't been in the water yet. Still waiting for the boat to be put out.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Rough surf,wind and rain for two months hard to get out. When the air from

the inlands hit the beach hot air,thunder storms come from nowhere,you can't

watch them on radar,they just develope.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
The last words of widom tonite,in the Pacific floating trash pile

where all currents seem to gather,are there any signs of past life

that floated from the mysteries of the seas,like broken up boats

lost at sea.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ Sparky,,top of the morning to you,I did reply.Zoom in on the Pacific Ocean

floating trash pile,look for any boat parts,of boats lost at sea.

Do you know how many sailboat sailors lose there mind at sea.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
@ Sparky,,top of the morning to you,I did reply.Zoom in on the Pacific Ocean

floating trash pile,look for any boat parts,of boats lost at sea.

Do you know how many sailboat sailors lose there mind at sea.
Theres a reason theres a name for it... "Cabin Fever" Wasn't originally used for sailors but it applies. Just imagine submarines. Going underwater for weeks and months at a time.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Theres a reason theres a name for it... "Cabin Fever" Wasn't originally used for sailors but it applies. Just imagine submarines. Going underwater for weeks and months at a time.
On submarines they get around cabin fever by intentionally depriving you of sleep and keeping you going/busy constantly. They assign you collateral duties during the time allotted for you to sleep, and then fill every other possible time period where you might squeeze in a nap, with a barrage of all-hands drills. After sometimes a few days (if you're on the unlucky shift that literally never gets a break), when everybody is good and ragged, they finally let you sleep, and if you're on the right shift, you can get more than one shift of sleep. Then it's all-hands field day and the whole crap starts over again.

I remember thinking more than a couple of times "They haven't given me a minute of sleep in 60hrs, and they have me in the control room, performing a job directly related to the safety of the ship and crew. I hope we live through this."

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
This brings up the story of the 911 dispatcher snooring on the phone when that ladies husband was choking. Then they dug into it and found out it happens all the time. I guess its SOP for 911 dispatchers to work 24 hours on 24 hours off.They said the dispatcher who fell asleep was on paid leave and was on hour 23 of a 24 hour shift. My point is shouldn't there be limits in high stress jobs of how much one can work. I know ATC's have limits, you'd think 911 dispatchers shouldn't have to work 24 hours. Thats just crazy.