Looking to make some new test Eq. for my bench

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey buds.

I was wondering who can direct me to a very, very, good LC and ESR meter that I can make.
Something that has a wide range and accuracy.

I looked up and there are too many to choose from.

So, as usual I thought I'll ask if any one has any idea or made any. :D

Thanks a Mill.

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
Hi R!f@@ That ESR meter i posted in your other post Ive built 2 of them, thats how usefull that i find them. The unit is fully automatic you press the buton once to turnit on, Short the leads & pres buton again to zero out the lead resistance, then use it to take readings. It will test caps in circuit, will also turnits self off if not used for awhile or by pressing the button again. Daryl

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I bought a book.

Build Your Own Electronics Workshop
by Tom Petruzzellis

It has hand-holding designs for Continuity Tester, Logic Probe and injector, Wire-Tracing circuit, Zener tester, Visual Diode/Transistor Curve Tracer, Transistor Tester, Cap Leakage tester, Pulse Generator, Inductance/Capacitance (L/C) Meter, and a nifty electronic "fuse". (Its an adjustable circuit breaker so you can test faults without blowing fuse after fuse) ;) and a few more... Frequency counter..battery tester..bench supply.. and the BENCH itself (For those starting from ABSOLUTE scratch! ;) )

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0071447245/ref=oss_product

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
U are showing me stuff from amazon...and u know very well what they say to me about shipping to Maldives.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Dont make me smack you in front of all these people! ;)

I can send it to you with your next package if you would like it.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Dont make me smack you in front of all these people! ;)
:D Sorry ..

I thought U forgot..u know, with u being so bzy and all. U are a hard to reach person u know.

Hey...I will be leaving on Sunday night for Eid vacation. Send me the lesson so I can read it with Northern ( I am going north ) relaxation.

About the book. If u think it has good stuff, then u know u don't have to ask me to ask u to send it. ;).

I was hoping to make something now since I have a lotta PIC's and fancy brand new programmers.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
;)

It is hard to reach me AT 4:30 AM !

I am busy..SLEEPING! ;)

I am trying to contact the author now to see if he will give me permission to post the schematic for the L/C meter.

He takes the time to go into a part by part run-down as well as calibration and sensitivity changes that can be made...and why they do what they do.

SO, I reccomend the book to anyone starting out, OR old hands who want some test gear.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
;)

It is hard to reach me AT 4:30 AM !

I am busy..SLEEPING! ;)

I am trying to contact the author now to see if he will give me permission to post the schematic for the L/C meter.

He takes the time to go into a part by part run-down as well as calibration and sensitivity changes that can be made...and why they do what they do.

SO, I reccomend the book to anyone starting out, OR old hands who want some test gear.
How about u mail be a pdf scan. if he refuse to post it on the net.

:confused: Kindle ?