Looking to hire someone to design an RPM limiter for a V8 engine

AGrayson84

Joined Jan 4, 2018
Hi everyone, as the title says I'm seeking assistance building an RPM (rev) limiter, and will pay a reasonable amount of money for the efforts. A function that will prevent pre-ignition while limiting the RPM will be key. I will likely only need a schematic, so I can order the proper components and test on a perf board, but assistance with the program-side of the unit would be very useful too.

Does anyone in here have this capability, and would be interested in discussing the project and the cost in more detail with me? Thanks in advance!

AGrayson84

Joined Jan 4, 2018
My apologies, either you have your private messaging turned off, or perhaps I don't have enough forum posts yet to initiate a private message, or something along those lines.

There are a couple aftermarket products that already exist, that connect between the coil harness pack on each side of the engine (no OBD-II module is used for this on these two products), and at least one of them uses several rotary DIP switches to set the RPM at which the limiter kicks in, as well as to retard the timing if desired. I have a much larger project than just an RPM limiter function, using a rotary encoder and an OLED display, which I'd like to also incorporate with selecting the RPM limiter activation RPM in this added RPM limiter function. If this sounds like something you could possibly do (design the schematic at least), is there a way we can contact each other directly?

AGrayson84

Joined Jan 4, 2018
Thanks cork_ie! I will be sure to read through that thread in the coming days. Fuel cut is definitely more susceptible to engine damage, especially under boost. I've been lucky enough with my aftermarket rev limiter to have not set any DTCs when using it at lower RPM as a launch controller, so hoping to having the same experience with this project :)