Looking on AliExpress to convert video-RCA to VGA

bigrobot

Joined Feb 19, 2017
I'm looking for something to convert a video-RCA output to VGA. Using my 24-inch-monitor, I want to see my camera's point of view.

if i buy https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ETC...0-2-cm-TV-out-VGA-to-S-Video/32760532820.html, is conversion just from VGA to RCA?

Fri Apr 21 17:39:03 PDT 2017 update: i don't need good quality. the camera has a microsd card; that's where i'll get the good video. I just need to check for placement and angle and such.

Last edited:

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
from the product description it says:

* If your video card or controller supports TV-out function, you can use this cable adapter to connect your PC's VGA port and your TV's S-Video or RCA-composite port.
* PLEASE NOTE
* This cable does not add TV-output functionality.
* If your video card/controller doesn't already have this function, this cable WILL NOT WORK for connecting your VGA output to a TV input.
* Sometimes you will see "TV-OUT" printed near the port, but check your motherboard or video card documentation to be certain that your VGA port supports TV-out signal capability before purchasing!
So I think this is for a special type of Video output card on the PC that supports composite video but with a VGA type of plug.

There is no electronics in the cable plugs.

Allen

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Thank you for your reply. So what does the item I link to do? Why would someone buy it? What need does in fulfill?
As the link stated:

upload_2017-4-21_17-54-46.png

so it connects a video enabled PC VGA output connector to a TV's composite RCA or S-Video input.

You want something that goes in the reverse direction, which the item I posted does.

bigrobot

Joined Feb 19, 2017
So I think this is for a special type of Video output card on the PC that supports composite video but with a VGA type of plug.

There is no electronics in the cable plugs.
Allen, thank you for your reply. I apologize, but I'm not tracking your answer. I must be such a newbie.
Will this item not work for my camera that has a cable terminating in a yellow RCA video jack?