Looking for term for a specific type of test on a converter for a radar jamming pod

Borfeeve

Joined Apr 27, 2021
So I've got this description of a test for a piece of electronic avionics equipment (a type of threat jammer for fighter jets), but the whole description of the test is in Spanish. I'll translate the steps of the test; I was hoping I could get some help with pinning down the term for this type of test.

If there are any electrical engineers in Spanish-speaking countries out there, maybe you'd know what this is referring to. They call the test a "ENCENDIDO BRUTAL de la tensión de entrada (Ve = +28V)," which I would attempt to translate as "ABRUPT POWER-UP of input voltage (Ve = +28V)." The test is specifically for a certain converter (BT +5V +15V converter; not sure if the "BT" is a Spanish abbreviation or what..).

Here are the steps to the test:
  1. Connect the rheostats at max resistance
  2. Progressively increase power from "OV" to Ve = +28V
    1. [not sure if "OV" is Spanish abbreviation or a universal abbreviation, but I'm guessing it means something along the lines of "zero power"??]
  3. Adjust the rheostats to nominal load I = 20A I = 4.5A
  4. WARNING, Disconnect a TERMINAL on the input capacitor and then reconnect it
  5. Observe performance * Write down RESULT on the MEASUREMENTS SHEET
  6. Progressive decrease the input voltage until "OV" and turn off.

I know this isn't much context, but hopefully some of you have enough clues to help unravel this mystery.. This is difficult to decipher because they don't define their abbreviations anywhere, and I'm never sure if something is a universal abbreviation, or a Spanish-language abbreviation..

Im spanish, I've never seen "ENCENDIDO BRUTAL" in specifications texts before, it feels like a very informal way to speak. But your translation as ABRUPT POWER-UP is accurate.

BT is the spanish abbreviation of low voltage (Baja Tensión)

By the context, OV must be 0V, moreover OV isnt an spanish abbreviation or anything ive seen before in electrical matters.

PS. sorry for my english, im a beginner

Borfeeve

Joined Apr 27, 2021
Im spanish, I've never seen "ENCENDIDO BRUTAL" in specifications texts before, it feels like a very informal way to speak. But your translation as ABRUPT POWER-UP is accurate.

BT is the spanish abbreviation of low voltage (Baja Tensión)

By the context, OV must be 0V, moreover OV isnt an spanish abbreviation or anything ive seen before in electrical matters.

PS. sorry for my english, im a beginner
Yes, that's why I was so confused by "brutal" here. Good to hear you think the translation of "encendido brutal" is accurate though. I agree, it's got to be 0V. Your English is fine, no worries!

As for BT, would a "low voltage converter" make sense here? (I know there's not much context, but I'm just curious).