Looking for PIC Family USB Bootloader Schematic Diagram.

EnginiusXIII

Joined Oct 2, 2007
Currently I get involve with stuffs like microcontroller especially those from microchip. After playing it around, I get the interest in building a bootloader for myself for a better learning. End of my fairy tale.....:p

So straight to the point, could anyone supply me with the readable and complete schematic diagram of PIC Family USB Bootloader. I would like to construct it myself. Well, if you have more information about it and feel like sharing it, just spit them out. I will take every spitting just to get it working. :)
Ohya, take note that it is an USB Bootloader not a COM Port bootloader. Well, just to be specific, I'm using PIC18F452 uC as my base. Thank you.

Regards,
Vincent

BladeSabre

Joined Aug 11, 2005
When doing USB with PIC, it is usually more practical to use one from the the 18F4550 family with built-in USB. There is a schematic for that at http://pic18fusb.online.fr/ . (I built it with 18F2455 which works too.)

If you must use 18F452, I believe you would need a separate USB controller chip, and things become much more complicated.

EnginiusXIII

Joined Oct 2, 2007
As to what I have found is that, in order to program my uC, I need to build an external bootloader. Which mean I have to connect my system to that bootloader and from then I connect the bootloader to my laptop. Of course it isn't as advance as PIC18F4550 since it don't come with build in USB and 18F4550 is indeed perfect with its build in usb. Maybe I will try to get my hands on it later on. However, I'm still going to proceed with PIC18F452. Could you elaborate more on the separated USB Controller Chip? The diagram would be perfect.

Thanks for the link, BladeSabre, it is very useful indeed.

EnginiusXIII

Joined Oct 2, 2007
Okay, I guess I'm done with this thread. I have decided to use PIC18F4550 instead of the previous choice PIC18F452. It does really save me a lot of trouble. For those who are attracted to this thread, please refer to the 2nd post. It is indeed very helpful, trust me.