Looking for oscilloscope

ceidas

Joined Dec 26, 2011
Hello,
I am willing to buy an oscilloscope but my budget is too limited for a 1000$ tektronix and i am looking what other choices do i have. I can afford 200 Euros maximum, so I ended up in this one.

Good?
Bad?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Can't really tell anything from the page you linked to, it doesn't provide manufacturer or anything. RIGOL has some very low price oscopes (50 MHz) but I don't know if you could get one for 200 Euros.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
You will outgrow a 20 MHz scope very quickly. I stay away from no-name electronics since they are usually made in China junk and are not accurate and don't trigger worth crap. I would rather (and did) buy a used Tektronix 465 scope for about $250 and it has been excellent. Buying used is a risk, but so is buying new junk brands.

There are quite a few hobbiest who seem to like them. I have used one only very briefly and it did what I needed it to do. Search for their reviews on the Internet.

Your other option is to look for an old name brand o-scope on ebay, but then there is a risk involved.

As you know, 400 euro is not a lot for an o-scope. Only you can balance you resources, both time and money, to figure out if it is a good buy. Rigol seems dependable, but don't take my word for it.

I personally bought something used off of EBay and it suits my needs of very light use. Mine didn't come with o-scope probes so I bought those afterwards. EBay savings was not as much as I had originally hoped. Compare the entire package of what your looking for.