Looking for old magazines.

CiaranM

Joined Jul 15, 2012
Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I can obtain PDFs of old copies of Electronics Today International, Practical Electronics, and possibly Elektor. I've grown interested in these things; I bought an ETI mag from July 1978 which features a section showing how to build a synthesizer (the Transcendent 2000), and I'm starting to see how useful these publications could be.
So far I have found these: http://archive.org/search.php?query=practical electronics AND mediatype:texts
There are several PDFs of PE suitable for downloading.
If you live in the UK and have some of the aforementioned magazines which you wish to sell, don't hesitate to contact me!
Thanks for your time.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Depends on what you are looking for. I have old copies of Practical Wireless, Practical Electronics, Popular Electronics and the complete collection (almost) of Byte.

CiaranM

Joined Jul 15, 2012
hello! well, I'm looking for electronic copies or physical copies (I prefer these) of just about any issue. I have a few of the 1973 PE mags, and that's it.
say, which publication is your favourite?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I grew up on PW, reading every issue from cover to cover multiple times until the next issue arrived, including all the ads (which I could only dream about because I was in a foreign country).

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I remember there's an article on Practical Electronics describing a circuit called Logiscope. It was made up of an CA3140 op-amp, a 4017 and an osc using 555 or something else (cannot remember exactly).

I made the circuit and lost the magazine. Any one got that article mind to scan it for me? If that's too much trouble, the schematic would be fine too. I want to reconstruct the thing again.

Cheers.

Allen

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I remember there's an article on Practical Electronics describing a circuit called Logiscope. It was made up of an CA3140 op-amp, a 4017 and an osc using 555 or something else (cannot remember exactly).

I made the circuit and lost the magazine. Any one got that article mind to scan it for me? If that's too much trouble, the schematic would be fine too. I want to reconstruct the thing again.

Cheers.

Allen
I found this one with a google search, unsure of what your probe is exactly.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
No, that's not the one.

I found the index of the PE magazine here:

http://www.the-cool-book-shop.co.uk/practical_electronics/

And the article I am looking for was in the MARCH, 1979 issue.

VOLUME 15 No. 3 MARCH 1979

CONSTRUCTIONAL PROJECTS

LOGISCOPE by R.A. Penfold
Gives logic levels and mark space ratio/frequency data 18
SEQUENCER-1 by Lindsay Robinson
Enables sixteen bits to be programmed into a synthesiser 22
DIGITAL ENLARGING EXPOSURE METER by A.A. Luha B.Sc.
For black and white prints without waste 34
P.E. MICROPRINTER-3 byMark Simon
Final part covers testing and routine maintenance 44
HEADLIGHT WARNING DEVICE by P. G. Wagstaff
Dual purpose, for lights on, lights off 62

Allen

CiaranM

Joined Jul 15, 2012
If I ever get a hold of that copy then I could send you some photos/scans (if I have a scanner), provided that you give me your email address.
back to the original question.. anyone???

derekmars

Joined Jan 3, 2017
Hi,
I am hoping that someone can send me a copy of the ETI 309 battery charger. I have lost 2 pages.
I would really appreciate it if someone could send me a copy of the ETI 309 battery charger project.

Thanks in advance, Derek

Moderators Note:
Please don't post your email on our forum, because it may bring the spam robot to you and forum, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I live in the UK (Cumbria) and have a large collection of such magazines which I don't look at - Elektor, ETI, EPE, and, no doubt, others. They are packed away in boxes. They are free to a good home. If you are interested and prepared to either collect or pay shipping let me know and I'll dig them out.

recklessrog

Joined May 23, 2013
hi Albert, Our club is always looking for magazines for projects. Could we possibly have the old EPE ones? we would be happy to pay the shipping costs if you let me know how much. We are in North hampshire .

AndrewH7

Joined Oct 11, 2017
I live in the UK (Cumbria) and have a large collection of such magazines which I don't look at - Elektor, ETI, EPE, and, no doubt, others. They are packed away in boxes. They are free to a good home. If you are interested and prepared to either collect or pay shipping let me know and I'll dig them out.
I'll just nip round, I'm at Kendal.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
My magazines are popular! First refusal goes to the thread starter. I'll wait for a reply from there first.
(It's a fairly long nip from Kendal to Aspatria.)

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Hi,
I am hoping that someone can send me a copy of the ETI 309 battery charger. I have lost 2 pages.
I would really appreciate it if someone could send me a copy of the ETI 309 battery charger project.

Thanks in advance, Derek

Moderators Note:
Please don't post your email on our forum, because it may bring the spam robot to you and forum, thank you.
Here is the Eti special issue, yours is on pages 179/180, i made the Electronic Ignition, its still running!!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-Electronics-Today/ETI-1977-Projects-1-&-2.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiagcW2kvjWAhXE7hoKHRIpDbEQFghnMBA&usg=AOvVaw0XWFw0Q0fL8BGljXcAuuqJ

Last edited:

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I can obtain PDFs of old copies of Electronics Today International, Practical Electronics, and possibly Elektor. I've grown interested in these things; I bought an ETI mag from July 1978 which features a section showing how to build a synthesizer (the Transcendent 2000), and I'm starting to see how useful these publications could be.
So far I have found these: http://archive.org/search.php?query=practical electronics AND mediatype:texts
There are several PDFs of PE suitable for downloading.
If you live in the UK and have some of the aforementioned magazines which you wish to sell, don't hesitate to contact me!
Thanks for your time.

Try;- http://www.electronicsandbooks.com/eab2/manual/index.php?dir=Magazine/ & americanradiohistory.com there's a few random issues of old magazines on archive.org