Looking for help to convert a 12v 1500/3000w sine wave inverter for 36v

Tester16

Joined Feb 11, 2021
Hi all, I have a unbranded inverter, which seems to work, but looks identical to this jupiter inverter. 1614749901613.png
I cannot seem to find a circuit diagram, but will be taking it apart soon. I figure that I can probably just change mosfets for the inputs, but am concerned that the shutoff voltages may not allow operation. I will be running this off a custom built lifep04 battery pack, in order to reduce stress, and overheating.
Any advice?

Thank you in advance.

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
You are more likely to reduce the efficiency of the Inverter, thereby "Increasing Stress",
if you try to change the Input-Voltage to 36-V.
Just re-arrange your Batteries for ~12 Volts.
You will get exactly the same performance,
unless you screw-up something tinkering around inside.
If you want to "Reduce Stress" just put a Cooling-Fan on it,
and make sure you stay comfortably under its Rated-Current-Output.

You probably don't have the necessary test equipment
to verify any changes you may decide to make.
Bad Idea.

Tester16

Joined Feb 11, 2021
You are more likely to reduce the efficiency of the Inverter, thereby "Increasing Stress",
if you try to change the Input-Voltage to 36-V.
Just re-arrange your Batteries for ~12 Volts.
You will get exactly the same performance,
unless you screw-up something tinkering around inside.
If you want to "Reduce Stress" just put a Cooling-Fan on it,
and make sure you stay comfortably under its Rated-Current-Output.

You probably don't have the necessary test equipment
to verify any changes you may decide to make.
Bad Idea.
Thank you for the advice. I do have some test equipment such as an oscilloscope, and some signal generators... haven't touched them in years.
The main reason for the change is that I can use smaller gauge wires for the inverter inputs. I should have clarified that i want to reduce stress more on my battery pack. The custom batteries I built, are meant to be swapped between two different devices. However, I currently am limited in the current capacity of the silver strip used, even though it is doubled up. The inverter was bought for only 5 bucks, and i previously was gonna build a pure sine wave inverter(just waiting on parts).

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
You would have to check that all components (especially any integrated circuits and electrolytic capacitors) on the input side had a suitable voltage rating. Depending on the circuit, tweaking of resistor values might be necessary for correct operation.

Tester16

Joined Feb 11, 2021
Thank you. I will try to post later with a picture of the circuit boards, after I open the inverter. I am hoping, that if worse comes to worse, I can purchase a voltage regulator to convert to 12v.

Luckily, I have extra capacitors, and some pure sine driver boards. If worse comes to it, I can post pictures later of this rebuilt with completely different internal components.