Looking for full H brigde Chip for control Motor

mpcotuong

Joined Aug 26, 2010
Hi All,

If you know any good H bridge IC chip at least 4A to control 12VDC Motor, please let me know.

Thanks, in advance.

Kevin

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Going past about 2A, H-Bridges are usually used as drivers for discrete Power MOSFETs to do the actual current switching for the bridge.

One that is rate to 5 Amps is the MC33887

Heat may be an issue, so this would need a circuit board with a mid-sized copper area to draw heat away from the IC.

For higher currents one can be used like the Si977DW to drive the actual MOSFET output transistors, Figure 1 toward the bottom of the linked datasheet shows how to do this.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
It's been in production for a number of years now.

What do you mean it won't be available until next year?

Where on earth do you live? You should at least put your Country in your profile. State/province will also help. You don't have to get more specific than that.

Click on the "User CP" link at the top of the page. Fill in the information in the "Location" box, then click the "Save" button at the bottom.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Last edited:

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I honestly don't know what's going on with those. I haven't looked at authorized distributors stocks for those parts in awhile, but nobody has any except for Farnell in the UK, and they only have 30 or so - of ANY of those parts.

You're probably going to have to look at using discrete MOSFETs and gate driver ICs, which is going to consume more board space and take longer to assemble.

mpcotuong

Joined Aug 26, 2010
Yes, I ink so. I might looking for the Mosfet or replay. Bill has helped me with relay from dual timer 556. I just looking for the H bridge IC, if it available, so that I don't need to build one.

Thanks, again
Kevin