Looking for expert opinion about Inverter wiring

Utopian

Joined Apr 3, 2012
Hi!
I purchased an inverter having the capacity of 1200VA along with 200 Ams lead acid battery. Electrician has completed the wiring but he only connected phase line from the output of Inverter and said that common Neutral will be used but the brochure of the inverter suggests that neutral should be taken from the inverter as well. I have inquired from many people/electricians and they say that typically only phase line is used and common neutral is used. So, i want to get the suggestion that what should I do because it seems hard to find an electrician who could install these wirings according to standards. My current installation is according to Fig B, I know it should be according to Fig A but could not find an electrician who can do this for me.

Attachments

Last edited:

Utopian

Joined Apr 3, 2012
Yes your right i have reviewed those replies/suggestions but the actuall problem is that i had mentioned that i could not find an elecrtician who can do this type of wiring for me as they all say that Fib B is in practice and it works but technically its wrong and could be hazardous. So, kindly guide me that what should i do.

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
... and could be hazardous. So, kindly guide me that what should i do.
If it truly is hazardous (and I have no opinion one way or the other about that fact) then you should either keep looking until you find the expert electrician that knows how to do it right, or (failing that) do not use the device.