Looking for circular bar graph

stoopkid

Joined Mar 3, 2011
I'm looking for a circular bar graph to go around a rotary encoder. I've seen this sparkfun one, and it's nice and all, but it's too expensive as I need five. Plus I don't even need it to be so elaborate.

So then I found this one(Hi-Eff Red). And it's absolutely perfect. I emailed them and it's only $3.50 each. But I have to order 500. And I can't find them anywhere else. Nor can I find anything even similar anywhere else.

It's like the two I linked are the only ones in existence. I even found a datasheet for one of those claiming there's a blue one, but I haven't seen it. I've tried Newark, Mouser, Digikey, Tayda, eBay, Sparkfun and Google, but no more circular bar graphs. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Of course, you can simply connect 16 LED's (or as many as you need) in a circle around your encoder. Cheap and easy, but admittedly not as cute as the $10 one from SparkFun.

stoopkid

Joined Mar 3, 2011
Yeah, that's definitely an option, however I don't really have any way of making it look nice. So I'd really like to find something in a nice package.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
How many segments are required & inside diameter??
You could dressup a homemaid with a three layer ring; first ring , one hole per segment to fit LED; second ring. larger holes; third ring, film overlay to delineate the trapezoids with frosted windows. If I were doing it, would use black painted 1/8 & 3/16 in plastic sheet, with frosted mylar printed with overlay.