Looking for an Old book - pre 1983 - on T and PI filters and L-pads, impedance matching and Transmission lines

pzaw

Joined May 14, 2022
hi,

A long time ago I used this book in my studies but the name alludes me. At the time I went to a big local technical book store but the book was out of print. There was no internet at the time like now so I thought I would try my luck again. One of the members here may own or have seen this book.

The only thing that stuck with me was that it was all about two-port networks and their mathematical treatments of attenuators, Pi and T filters, L-pads impedance matching and then went on to ladder networks leading to transmission lines, smith charts. all with mathematical treatments of all subject.

I would like very much to read this book again but for the life of me I am unable to locate it.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It would be of great help if you could give the title of the book.
Did you have a look at the Internet Archive or PDFdrive?

Bertus

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
hi,

A long time ago I used this book in my studies but the name alludes me. At the time I went to a big local technical book store but the book was out of print. There was no internet at the time like now so I thought I would try my luck again. One of the members here may own or have seen this book.

The only thing that stuck with me was that it was all about two-port networks and their mathematical treatments of attenuators, Pi and T filters, L-pads impedance matching and then went on to ladder networks leading to transmission lines, smith charts. all with mathematical treatments of all subject.

I would like very much to read this book again but for the life of me I am unable to locate it.
I would go to a University Library, and ask the attendant if they can help you search the online book depository or even the Congressional Library to pre-1983 books on power-transmission systems. The year will be the biggest factor in reducing the quantity of results.

You might then recognize it. Alternatively, go back to wherever you were studying at the time, and see what books were provided for the coursework, etc... perhaps?