Looking for an IC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by holabr, Feb 10, 2010.

  1. holabr

    Thread Starter New Member

    Feb 8, 2010
    Is there an IC that triggers an output pulse based on a change in state of an input? Ideally via a jumper you can have it trigger high when a state changes from high to low. Nothing would happen when the input goes low to high. It would also be nice if the length of output pulse could be varied via a resistor or it would remain at the value until reset. I would like to build a circuit that triggers some additional functions when a momentary switch is released.
  2. beenthere

    Retired Moderator

    Apr 20, 2004
    You can always use a one shot. Look up the data sheet for a CD4528. Triggers on either polarity, and has a range of pulse width possible.