Looking for a skilled solderer or someone looking for a project

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarsonTL

Joined Aug 1, 2013
I joined this forum because I'm looking for someone to help me with a project.

I purchased a tablet and put it in my dashboard in replacement of my broken GPS. Everything fits perfect except the charger port. The micro usb cable is too long that it hangs out of the bezel and presses on my recirculate button. I dissected about 5 micro usb cables and tried to resolder the 4 wires at the very base of the plug but my soldering skills are pretty bad and I don't have the best tools either.

The attachments below show what it looks like now.

What I want done is have all 4 wires soldered to the micro usb male end right at the end of the metal part so its as short as possible, then have wires either turn immediately right (if your looking at the back with it pointing up) or just have them very flexible because I want them to be flush with the tablet.

Basically I want the cable to look just like this except all 4 cables attached:

If anyone wants to help me let me know, or if you know of another way to charge a tablet let me know! Thanks!

Attachments

CarsonTL

Joined Aug 1, 2013
No, i tried the right angled one but anything past the metal sticks out so it doesn't work. It needs to be as short as possible.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The owners of All About Circuits has elected not to host discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Automotive modifications of any kind are strictly forbidden. Therefore, this thread will be closed.

Please try to understand the reasons behind this action, and feel free to browse and use the forums.

You might find answers to your questions in one of these forums:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54400

Another good forum that shares many of the same membership is http://www.electro-tech-online.com/ . Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.