Looking for a particular H-Bridge....

andye456

Joined Mar 8, 2013
Hi Everyone, first post!

I am building a mobile phone from an old roatry phone I bought from a car-boot sale. Having had the idea I stumbled accross this:

http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/51

- which is fantastic and gives me a good start. I downloaded their schematics and noticed that they are using a different H-bridge (60V) from the one initially suggested (36v)

I have built the ringer bit which worked then I blew-up the (36v) H-bridge I had, so was hoping to upgrade to the one in their schematic.

I have purchased most of the stuff I need from Farnell - which has the best interface for selecting parts, but they don't seem have "NJM2670SMD" - it exists as I can find it on other sites - I just wanted to source everything from one place.

So does anyone know what other name this IC may go by? In fact RS have a NJM2670D2/3 but not an "SMD", whatever this is. Or can anyone suggest an alternative that can handle 50v+?

Cheers

andye456

Joined Mar 8, 2013
Thanks, unfortunately the through-hold device has a minimum order quantity of 1000!!

(SMD, Ah of course!!)

Last edited:

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Digikey has lower shipping cost than Farnell.

Digikey's interface is also very good. What I usually do is looking for parts on digikey and buy them on Futureelectronics.

Use findchips.com to look for major components and to find out from which supplier you can get them all.

I can't see a complete schematic on sparkfun. Can you post a link?

andye456

Joined Mar 8, 2013
Digikey has lower shipping cost than Farnell.

Digikey's interface is also very good. What I usually do is looking for parts on digikey and buy them on Futureelectronics.

Use findchips.com to look for major components and to find out from which supplier you can get them all.

I can't see a complete schematic on sparkfun. Can you post a link?
It's not in an obvious place - linked off the 'purchase' page, also won't render properly in Firefox (19.0) on Windows 7, it will in CentOS6! I opened it IE on W7 PC.

http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Port-O-Rotary/Port-O-Rotary-v29-2.pdf

If you're building one let me know how you get on. I am awaiting more components after blowing my H.

In the mean time I am looking at programming the PIC. Possibly in assembler, but am looking for a free C compiler.