looking for a manual

lokeycmos

Joined Apr 3, 2009
i picked up this SWR meter the other day. looking for a manual and a schematic for it. there is no model number indicated on it other than the brand GC Electronics. if you know where i can find this please let me know. thanks.

Attachments

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
You may try contacting GC electronics. I've never spoken with them, but I have had luck in the past almost every time I've contacted a company requesting manuals for their legacy products. They undoubtedly have a manual laying around in digital or hardcopy format, and whether or not they can get it you depends only on how lazy they are. It's in their best interest to not be lazy, if they want to make a future sale.

http://www.gcelectronics.com/contact.asp

P.S. I've always had luck when when I sent emails from a company email address, with company domain name, and title at the bottom. The only times I didn't, was when I was using my personal email address. I think they are more likely to help out someone who is likely to order thousands of dollars worth of products in the future than a hobbyist who they'll probably never hear from again.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
P.S. I've always had luck when when I sent emails from a company email address, with company domain name, and title at the bottom. The only times I didn't, was when I was using my personal email address. I think they are more likely to help out someone who is likely to order thousands of dollars worth of products in the future than a hobbyist who they'll probably never hear from again.
Exactly, works almost everytime. If they do not respond to your email call them.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
My guess is that if you pop the cover off the back, you won't see much. A solid wire between the two connectors, a couple of other solid wires, a couple of caps, a couple of diodes, wires going to the switch and wires going to the pot, then the meter. Normal usage is to have the switch in the FWD position, key the transmitter. While the transmitter is keyed, adjust the pot until the meter indicates the SET position (full scale). Then switch to REV and read the SWR.