Looking for a good book on identifying electronic components

Victor43

Joined Aug 29, 2011
Hello as the title states I would like to know of any book(s) which describes what each component is and what it does. Need pictures also. Looking for a beginners book into electronic components.

Thanking you

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Google is your best friend. Things change so much all the time in electronics, manufactures don't even try to print component books any more.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Are you wanting to identify specific components using whatever is printed on them, or do you just want to visually identify the type of component, for example resistor, capacitor or transistor?

Google is by far the best reference for the first task. Reading the wiki articles on other standard components is a good way to learn about the various components and usually there are good pictures of typical devices.

Victor43

Joined Aug 29, 2011
Are you wanting to identify specific components using whatever is printed on them, or do you just want to visually identify the type of component, for example resistor, capacitor or transistor?

Google is by far the best reference for the first task. Reading the wiki articles on other standard components is a good way to learn about the various components and usually there are good pictures of typical devices.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I would like to be able to recognize what any part is just by looking at it and then for the next step to be able to determine the part specification or rating.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
Hello as the title states I would like to know of any book(s) which describes what each component is and what it does. Need pictures also. Looking for a beginners book into electronic components.

Thanking you

Here's the one that really helped me:

http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Electronic-Components-Volume-Transistors/dp/1449333893

I should have bought two copies, you just have to have one in the Library..........the Toilet/Bathroom/Crapper, etc.:cool:

Every time you get rid of crap, you can refill your mind with more crap; sitting in the John.