Looking for a circuit that will supply 110W+ @ 155VDC from a "universal" AC supply 90 to 265VAC

freefireant

Joined Mar 15, 2016
I am really stuck here guys .... any help much appreciated.
Efficiency is not very important.
By universal .. it should operate on USA and European voltages

freefireant

Joined Mar 15, 2016
Wow..... so much looking at step up IC's and circuits, there was a multivibrator in kermit's bag of tricks all along !

Thank you so so much... I have been at this for days and days trying to get and or find something like this.
Looks like I will have to bump up the the current on the Mosfet to get the required wattage out of it.
But this looks simple.... and cheap.... (like me :).

I loved the regulation of the L6563 circuit ... I wonder how good this will be ?

Was thinking of putting a bunch of 50v zeners on the output of the 400volt setup L6563 so I could pick off the voltages I needed.
Still might if regulation is a problem on this circuit.

Cheers !!

Phill

freefireant

Joined Mar 15, 2016
Humm... just had a good look at it.
Supply frequency is going to be a problem ?
50Hz or 60Hz is going to change the output voltage.
Not constant current or voltage ?
BUT....
It has put me on the path to power mosfet control of the output.

freefireant

Joined Mar 15, 2016
Ok.. a picture is worth a thousand words as they say.

I Like this circuit .... I like it a lot.

Now how can I reduce it to 155VDC not 400 ... efficientlyCapture.PNG !

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
That is a boost converter. Based on the thread title and post #1, what you need is a buck/boost converter, something that will boost 127 Vp up to 155 Vdc and buck 340 Vp down to 155 Vdc. Buck/boost control chips are all the rage these days, but few (none?) are designed for your voltage levels so extending the app note circuits would be a challenge.

Also, the circuit in post #2 looks weird. There is no feedback so the output cannot be regulated. And why is there a monostable driving a shunt FET switch with no inductor?

ak

freefireant

Joined Mar 15, 2016
I now understand the difficulty's of forcing this boost converter down to a voltage below the input.

But .. you must be able to adjust the output with extra circuitry with discrete components.

here are a few more ideas I am thinking of attaching to the output of the boost converter.

This one is going to be inefficient as it will basically be a form of resister in series ? and will produce a lot of wasted heat ?

528px-Voltage_stabiliser_OA,_IEC_symbols.svg.png

This is going to have a lot of zenner noise ? .... limited current ?
Bipolar PS Simple with Zeners.png

Inefficient
again ?

tcj high-voltage regulator (complete).png