Looking for a buck converter to power 5v uC with 0.1 inch hole spacing

ba58smith

Joined Nov 18, 2018
I bought some buck converters (up to 24V in, down to 3v out) for a project, but when it was time to lay them out on my stripboard, the holes didn't line up. Not even close. I've now spent over an hour searching for something similar, but with 0.1 inch hole spacing. Any suggestions? Thanks!

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I bought some buck converters (up to 24V in, down to 3v out) for a project, but when it was time to lay them out on my stripboard, the holes didn't line up. Not even close. I've now spent over an hour searching for something similar, but with 0.1 inch hole spacing. Any suggestions? Thanks!
There's various TO220 style buck regulators with 5 or so pins that work up to 1A and usually include fixed output voltage versions (LM2575 from foggy memory). Loosely branded as replacements for the linears, but you have to add inductor, catch diode and the output filter cap needs to be a bit more fancy.

ba58smith

Joined Nov 18, 2018
Thanks, everyone! I didn't know what term to add to my search to get the 0.1" pin / hole spacing. One of these will surely do the trick.