looking for 8bit alu BY Youuu Zeeee

wire

Joined Dec 18, 2011
I also need 8 bit ALU which can perform the operations of addition ,subtraction, multiplication n comparison but I do not how to make it a sequential circuit.Can you please help me......I thought of using register for storing input and output........confused.......

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
A forum post cannot begin to contain the complexity of an 8-bit ALU. You might want to start with something simpler to understand.

wire

Joined Dec 18, 2011
A simple question is that if i have a combinational circuit of full adder than how can I convert it into a sequential circuit if it is of 8 bits.......I only have the idea to use memory for carry in ,,,,,but about how it can be implemented....?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
The full adder is a combinatorial circuit that computes its outputs continuously. If you have clocked registers or transparent latches on the inputs and outputs, then the inputs and outputs are sampled at discrete points in time. The generation of the clock/enable signals for those registers is usually implemented with a finite state machine of the Mealy type or the Moore type. All you need to remember is that things can only change on a clock edge, subject to setup and hold restrictions.