Long range forecast

rougie

Joined Dec 11, 2006
Hello,

I am a Microchip MCU user and using CCS's compiler to create, debug and compile C code for Microchips micro-controller units.

I am looking to get the long range forecast informations from a weather station's website or a local airports website via my MCU. For example, I would need to know today's weather and the next 3 to 5 days weather. I must find this information in terms of data such as the temperature, humidity, winds etc... respective to a date.

I know that CCS (CCSINFO.com) has a kit that shows you how to build an internet connection with a microchip micro-controller and I am debating on weather I should buy it. I have never done this and I have some preliminary questions about how I am going to do this.

1) Even if my MCU is able to connect to another website showing the long range forecats, how would I be able to download the data mentioned above?

2) Is this at all possible to do with a Microchip controller?

All informations related to this post is greatly appreciated!

Regards
Robert

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
You are going to use a microcontroller and this section will have more people looking in with appropriate experience than in other forums.