LoL

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
You aren't in the inside of gaming, as it seems. These two games have nothing to do with each other.

There is a vast difference in mentality.

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
I've never played it myself, it sounds like one of those PC games from back in the day, you know - Age of Empires and Stronghold?

amilton542

Joined Nov 13, 2010
As much as it is tempting and hence time consuming, I will not go down that path after Oblivion - I got to much paper work to do. The summer is when I will unleash the true capacity of gameplay, I assure you, the lager 4pk will be on standby.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
It needs installing. At about 3GB or so, but it's not too heavy. Requires a decent internet connection, though. 2Mbps downoad won't cut it. 8 will do, I guess.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I've too much download/upload speed (fiber), and rather beefy graphics (nVidia 480 x2SLI)

Kind of loved Battlefield Bad Company 2, Crysis and Killing Floor when they came out, until the cheaters ruined the first two, anyway.

Is it a FPS like the above, or an orthogonal view like Diablo, or an odd interface like WoW where you need 40 buttons assigned? I normally use a Saitek Gamepad for movement and a Razr Mamba for aim/shoot.

I also like long walks on the beach at sunset, and prefer non-psycho women.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Way back when I found I was addicted to Red Alert in all forms, and gave up gaming. I still play a game of RA now and then, but I don't need any further addictions.

You know you've spent too long playing a game when you close your eyes and the game is in back of your eye lids.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
@thatoneguy

Okay, you are equipped like a hardcore gamer, I 'll give you that.

Here is the official intro http://na.leagueoflegends.com/learn/new_user_guide, and this is a typical, professional LoL game. http://solomid.net/videoplayer.php?v=906. It has commentary too.

LoL is very competitive, and its players aren't very polite guys sometimes. But what do you expect from crazed teenagers?

@Bill

It happens to me when I go to bed after playing on the pc. I get over it.

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Hm, good point. I expected more to come out of it. But I guess it was too serious for teh internetz.

It came out when I was in early highschool. For my country and age group, it was too complicated and more important, it was not free.
You can't really expect the gamer community, teenagers mostly, to pay for their weekly craze online.
Maybe the game author had something else in mind, more business oriented. If so, he promoted his product in the wrong way.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
My boy is deep into 2nd life. I think it is behind the tech curve, and will stay that way.

With the era of broadband I suspect we are going to see better eventually. I'm looking forward to the human / computer interface going to true VR, but that is going to take a little longer.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Really now? What does he do in Second Life. I 'm curious. Simply wander the worlds? Does he build and sell stuff? Does he do it for the chat?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
He used to like playing war games. Now he has a girlfriend he met there. I don't have a clue about it myself.