logic input to l297?

kirayamato_143

Joined Jan 23, 2011
i'm trying to make a driver for my bipolar stepper motor,, i have a working schematic in proteus but using a logicstate,, i tried to use switch with 5v to introduce logic high and low to the l297 but no luck,,please help me..i dont want to use microcontroller i want to start with the basic,,i've attatch a picture

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Much of your schematic is missing from that picture.
Pins 19 and 17 should be held in one position while you are clocking pin 18.
ENABLE needs to be +5v
You appear to be using the same symbol for Vcc (5v) as you are for +12v.
The RESET\ input should be 5v to run, GND to reset. You don't have a provision to pull it to ground on startup. A cap to ground (0.1uF-1uF) and a resistor to +5v (10k or so) will provide a momentary low to reset the IC.

You have nothing connected to Vref or OSC.
The other connections aren't shown, so it's impossible for us to know what you're doing with them.

kirayamato_143

Joined Jan 23, 2011
sir i didnt get it what you mean all i want to know is a simple circuit that i can put in place of the logic source like the red numbered 1 i tried a simple switch like that but its not working, the schematic is working good,,its only a portion of the schematic because it may bring confusion,, thanks please help me,,

another thing my proteus components name are not automatically assigned like if i have 3 resistors they are name R?, R? ,R? and so i have to name them manually to R1, R2, R3 i wonder how to do it automatically,it was not like that before.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
sir i didnt get it what you mean all i want to know is a simple circuit that i can put in place of the logic source like the red numbered 1 i tried a simple switch like that but its not working, the schematic is working good,,its only a portion of the schematic because it may bring confusion, thanks please help me,
I don't know what the red "1" boxes do. They look like they may be signal generators.

If you want to make them more obvious, use a SPDT switch (single pole, double throw) where the common terminal is connected to the input of the IC, and one switch contact position is tied to +5v, the other to GND.

another thing my proteus components name are not automatically assigned like if i have 3 resistors they are name R?, R? ,R? and so i have to name them manually to R1, R2, R3 i wonder how to do it automatically,it was not like that before.
I don't have Proteus, nor have I used it. Consult the Help files for it, or check on the Proteus forums.