Locus Diagram

wireaddict

Joined Nov 1, 2006
Personally, I've never heard of a locus drawing and neither did Wikipedia, however, according to them, Locus is the name of several journals for artists. Also, one definition of locus [or loci] is the set of points satisfying a condition such as a curve; as such it/they would be used in mechanical drafting or drawings. Hope this helps; if not, give Google a try.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I too thought root locus diagrams when I first read this question. Its an old, in some practical cases obsolete method, however for learning the rudiments of control system theory it is a good way of cementing the basics.

Dave

locus diagram is presentation of impedance (L(&or)c(&or)R) where the 'R' is on the x axis and the(L,c) are on the y axis and can be used in the presention admittance and using ohms lw we can get the current in a circuit or voltage on that circuit

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
locus diagram is presentation of impedance (L(&or)c(&or)R) where the 'R' is on the x axis and the(L,c) are on the y axis and can be used in the presention admittance and using ohms lw we can get the current in a circuit or voltage on that circuit
Do you care to embellish? This is certainly a different interpretation from those outlined previously, when we talked about the root locus diagram which is essentially a graphical method for ascertaining the location of the closed loop poles of a system without the necessity to compute them explicitly.

Dave

If one of the circuit element is variable , then the characteristics of the circuit varies .The locus of the extremity of current phasor ,obtained for various values of a variable element is called a locus diagram .