Lobster Season Is Here

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I will give you guys a break,I can't use the computer in the
water. I may swim out to the reef,so you never know.
Loosewire

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
In my area the lobster is protected, until 1. October, and it is prohibited to take them while you dive....

However, I like this better than lobster:

Dive safe, Loosewire.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
our Lobster Season-ing begins with:
Celery Seed, Bay Leaf, Coriander Seed, Cayenne Pepper, Mustard Seed, Black Peppercorns and Purified Sea Salt

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I like the taste of this one better than lobster. And it is not protected. You can catch it in any way you prefer.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Would we call that a stone crab.
No it is different species. The latin name for the crab I am talking about is Cancer pagurus. Commonly known as the edible crab or brown crab, A species of crab found mostly in the North Sea areas. The stone crab "Menippe mercenaria". This crab habitat is located to areas in the Gulf of Mexico. But I guess they are quite simlar in taste.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Nutt'in like good old Spiny FL lobster. Gimme about 5 tails and I'm good! Nothing comes close to the taste of a good warm water lobster. Especially like in maine where they eat those sea roaches.

Heres an interesting fact. Back in the 1500's - 1800's lobster was considered trash fish or catch and was fed to livestock and slaves. Only in the 1900's did it gain its fame for being such good eating.