lm8562

adamclark

Joined Oct 4, 2013
hello again, Since ive been working on my own power supply (and its going very well) Ive decided to put a clock in it. I have an lm8562 IC and its a digital alarm clock its a digital alarm clock IC. heres the datasheet for it. http://pdf.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheet/sanyo/LM8562.pdf .. I don't quite understand datasheets completely so I was hoping some of you, maybe even the guys who are helping with the psu could take a look at it and tell me what the max input voltage would be and what kind of display I would need to use it.. thank as always..

Meixner

Joined Sep 26, 2011
That looks like a pretty wacky chip to me. The datasheet shows it runs off a negative voltage from -8 to-14 volts. The inputs should stay within the VDD -VSS range, meaning they should not go above or below the supply rails. It is meant to drive a very oddley connected LED display multiplexed by the line frequency.

adamclark

Joined Oct 4, 2013
That looks like a pretty wacky chip to me. The datasheet shows it runs off a negative voltage from -8 to-14 volts. The inputs should stay within the VDD -VSS range, meaning they should not go above or below the supply rails. It is meant to drive a very oddley connected LED display multiplexed by the line frequency.
so is the led display going to be hard to find? is there another IC I can use that this chip can drive and will work with 7 segment displays? Ive got a bunch of common cathode 7 segments that I could use. and my power supply is +v -v dual supply so the -v shouldn't be a problem. Or should I just chalk the idea and find a better chip to use? I found the chip in an old alarm clock I was stripping of components..