LM2577 Where to buy or parts to BUILD?

kuiyt2

Joined Feb 14, 2010
I need a LM2577-15 to bump 3.8v to 15v. I have been searching the net up and down for this board. Is there people online who make it for you? Or is there anywhere I can buy it, or order the parts to make it myself?

I included a picture of the broken one.

Thank you guys in advance.

Attachments

kuiyt2

Joined Feb 14, 2010

kuiyt2

Joined Feb 14, 2010
there are a lot of 'off the shelf' encapsulated dc-dc converters.
Sorry, I'm a female and not good with these things, I know how to hook basic wires and solder. I can't seem to find anything that will replace this part, any help will be much appreciated.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The LM2585 in that link is not a direct replacement.

The LM 2577-15 is available at DigiKey also: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=LM2577T-15-ND

My eyes must be getting weak. Although the device may well be toast, I cannot tell that from the picture. If it did fail, why? In other words, fixing the power supply may not be as simple as changing a fuse. If you do try the replacement with a LM2577, buy at least 2, so if the first one fails, then you or someone else can troubleshoot further.

John

kuiyt2

Joined Feb 14, 2010
The LM2585 in that link is not a direct replacement.

The LM 2577-15 is available at DigiKey also: http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=LM2577T-15-ND

My eyes must be getting weak. Although the device may well be toast, I cannot tell that from the picture. If it did fail, why? In other words, fixing the power supply may not be as simple as changing a fuse. If you do try the replacement with a LM2577, buy at least 2, so if the first one fails, then you or someone else can troubleshoot further.

John
So thats just that little part, no one sells the full board?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Darn it. I just lost my response.

You have 3 options:

1) Buy an exact replacement from the manufacturer.
2) Pay someone to fix it.
3) Buy a substitute (S Lannan's advice).

#1 and 2 are probably the most expensive, unless you can find someone who likes to play with fixing electronics. That person might do it for the cost of parts.

#3 will require you to define what you need in terms of voltage, current, and space. Is this a stand alone power supply, or is it part of another device? If it is part of another device, how much space is there? Is it connected directly to the mains voltage? If you decide to buy a replacement, commercial retail can be quite expensive. Many of us go to the surplus market. Jameco and MPJA are two such dealers with good prices.

John

kuiyt2

Joined Feb 14, 2010
Thank you guys for all your help, my board was placed carelessy on the floor and it was stepped on, the picture is my friends board, I need something to take 3.5v(DC) up to 12+v(DC) anything in the size of 2"x3"x3" would be great.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Ouch. I hope the person was wearing shoes.

Such up converters are often expensive. This is one:

Digikey at $115 each.
Double ouch.

Do you have a picture of the crushed unit? Is the PCB broken? If not, are you willing to try your soldering skills?

John

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Thank you guys for all your help, my board was placed carelessy on the floor and it was stepped on, the picture is my friends board, I need something to take 3.5v(DC) up to 12+v(DC) anything in the size of 2"x3"x3" would be great.
What is this that both you and a friend has one? What is the product?

I'm pretty sure noe of my friends have one and I know I don't have one. :)