Literature-Tech Amalgamation..

dogar sahab

Joined Mar 15, 2008
The name appears weird..Isnt it...??
I need little favour from u people..
I have made a blog which is related to literature and tech.The url is:
www.lit-techfreak.blogspot.com
So give comments or compliments to improve my blog..
If any1 wants to write something for my blog,he is more than welcome..!!!

thanks for the anticipation...

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Well yes but you need to review your spelling as the link under your signature leads nowhere.

techfreak works

teachfreak doesn't.

I am not a big follower of blogs myself so, this will be a one time comment.

I had understood that Dickens was simply churning out popular text at so much a word, like the American dime novel authors, or Marvel comics of later years. Some say his stuff, was good I personally don't find it appealing. But then I don't like Austen or Bronte either.

I think therefore it should be observed that Dickens was a 'professional' writer - he produced text to order. This text had wide, but not universal, appeal.

Others are self compelled to write first, then try to publish. J K Rowling springs to mind as an author with similar breadth of appeal.

Again some scientists have also been successful fiction authors. Asimov springs to mind.

Last edited:

dogar sahab

Joined Mar 15, 2008
Either i am not a very big fan of CHARLES DICKENS but some of his works are quite good....
I dont like at all Rowling....I am more into CLASSICS...Did u find other posts interesting...???
I am going to buy a private domain(with .com),then no worry and no scurries....!!!!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Just a suggestion, use complete words and sentences.

There is an old saying, You only get to make a first impression once.

If you want people to be interested in what you write, you need to hook them early.

Strange, but I think I read this on another forum thread somewhere, or words to that effect. :rolleyes:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
As imprecise as English is, you is not u, r isn't are.

Most of the people in this profession are professionals, which means you have to write to their level. The shortcuts should be saved for texting.

We see a lot of this on the forums, take a look at how long people take to get replies when they do this. We like to help, but we like to be able to read the question and focus on the problems without interpreting what we read. Add to the fact that many of the members don't speak English well and it adds to the confusion. Text english is almost another language, LOL.

dogar sahab

Joined Mar 15, 2008
thanks for the suggestion..
I have considered this thing in particular while setting-up blog on literature type thing...
If you see my posts in my blog,you will not find anywhere U instead of YOU,R instead of ARE...
However I 'll review again my blog to remove this thing....
But so far I remember,I gave special attention to these type of mistakes...

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The teachfreak link is still wrong. When I view the techfreak blog, I find the twinkles distracting. Maybe not all viewers show that.

John

dogar sahab

Joined Mar 15, 2008
oooopssss..blooper...
First I didnt understand what u people are saying about teachfreak..Now i got it...and finally rectified it!!!!
jpanhalt,what about the content on my blog..??Did u find interesting or what should i introduce something more....

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
I posted a question on your blog:
Do you have the author’s name for the poem “It Is Not the End”? It contains powerful imagery, and I would really like to know who wrote it.
You never replied. What's up with that?