LinuxCNC anyone?

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by MaxHeadRoom, Aug 25, 2017.

1. AlbertHall

Distinguished Member

Jun 4, 2014
    From my recent experience, don't edit LinuxCNC files on a windows machine. It puts the wrong line endings in the file and LinuxCNC throws a wobbly.

Robin Mitchell and strantor like this.
  2. MaxHeadRoom

Thread Starter Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    The Galil Motion video's by Dr Jacob Tal are enlightening, although generally pertaining to Galil products, of course, most are generally relevant to most systems of this kind.
    The one of splitting the PID loop when using a linear scale as many do when trying to achieve zero backlash is very interesting.
    Max.

cmartinez likes this.
  3. Robin Mitchell

Oct 25, 2009
    You can just put in % at the start and end of the file

4. Robin Mitchell

Oct 25, 2009
    Funny thing is that I am considering only using my CNC for drilling and go back to chemical PCB processing. Despite the lack of chemicals and tedious steps, I am getting sick and tired of router bits not being made properly (I use the cheap Chinese ones), which result in rough traces. I have ordered an expensive bit from Mega today so unless its perfect, I will go back to chemicals!

5. Janis59

Aug 21, 2017
    RE:""Funny thing is that I am considering only using my CNC for drilling""
    Actually that is the reason why in the last years I have shifted to the smd, and even dips I mount in the smd style, drillingless. Just bend the dip thinner endings to aside (or even inside if harsh need) and solder on copper side.Fast, nice looking and practical. All drilling are just for connectors and large-sized components.

Robin Mitchell likes this.
  6. MaxHeadRoom

Thread Starter Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    That is a left over from the punched paper tape loading mode days, the % started and stopped the reader as there was only so much memory .;)
    Max.

Robin Mitchell likes this.